Fintech Platforms of the hour: Top 5 fintech start-ups that have changed India for the better
The start-up culture in India has been boosted in the last few years. The FinTech sector has had an enormous role to play in it. Fintech startups are leading when it comes to Unicorn counts in India.
The total value of the global fintech market is estimated to hit $305 billion by 2025.
This article outlines the top 5 fintech start-ups that have changed India for the better by adopting advanced digital techniques.
This FinTech startup was founded by the Kamath brothers – Nithin and Nikhil Kamath, in 2010. Zerodha is the colonist in the reduction broker model and the most prominent stockbroker in India regarding active retail investors. Zerodha allows investors to trade in stocks, futures & options and invest in joint finances and bonds.
Zerodha also offers various other sub-applications for its user to improve their customer experience like:
- Kite Connect- Trading APIs to make a trading platform with the capability to execute orders in real-time, manage huge portfolios, provide requested data
- Zerodha Varsity is a famous collection of stock request assignments with in-depth knowledge.
INDmoney was founded in 2018 by Ashish Kashyap, who-founded Ibibo Pay. The IND SuperMoneyApp, allows users to invest money and provides standard recommendations to invest in various portfolios using an AI premonitory machine.
- INDwealth delivers private family services, duty services, race planning, and trust services.
- The company allows users to invest in India and US-listed stocks, joint finances, fixed deposits, and bonds. The company also allows users to buy cryptocurrency using the price points that they have earned on the app.
- The company provides loans against property, commercial, and particular loans. The company has raised$ 58M and reported that this time around 60 users are from leagues II and III.
WazirX is India’s largest cryptocurrency exchange to buy, vend and trade cryptocurrencies similar to Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin. It launched the first bus-matching P2P( Peer- to- Peer) machine to help dealers to convert INR to crypto and vice versa.
In November 2019, Binance, the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world, acquired WazirX. This will allow users to trade any digital asset available on Binance using USDT bought from the WazirX business.
In June 2021, WazirX launched the NFT business for non-fungible commemoratives (NFTs) to help generators across India trade digitally.
Digit Insurance was founded in 2016 by Kamesh Goyal and entered a non-supervisory alliance with ( Insurance Regulatory and Development AuthorityIRDA) in 2017.
Some of its popular insurance products include motor insurance, life insurance, jewelry, and flight detention insurance.
According to the company’s report, as of March 2021, it has 17 million users, with its primary business coming from motor insurance, followed by health & accident cover. During the epidemic, from April 20- March 21, the claim settlement ratio was 96.
In July 2021, number insurance raised$ 200 million at a valuation of$3.5 Bn after getting the first Unicorn of 2021.
Razorpay was started in 2014 after the owners found the payment gateways to be clumsy for integration. Razorpay began as a payment gateway allowing businesses to collect payments online and expanded into a full-mound fiscal product suite.
Razorpay payment gateway accepts all payment modes, including Credit & disbenefit cards, BNPL, Net Banking, UPI, and holdalls.
- Razorpay allows small and large-scale businesses to open current accounts, automate payments and compliance, and efficiently manage their finances from a single dashboard.
- Razorpay Capital offers collateral-free business loans for their merchandisers and cash advances to handle recreating cash requirements.