Why Your Company Needs Custom Software Development in SaaS
Custom Software Development in SaaS
SaaS refers to ‘Software as a Service and it is a way to access modern technology and software via cloud services. It allows you access to software via the internet rather than having to download it to your system. It’s kind of like how some apps can be used on the browser itself as compared to those that require downloading – SaaS fits the former. Alternatively, one may refer to SaaS as “on-demand software” and “web-based/hosted software” both of which are quite explanatory of the concept.
Some of the leaders in the SaaS industry are
- Salesforce: a pioneer in the industry with a market cap of $208 billion; Salesforce is a cloud computing and social enterprise SaaS provider.
- Microsoft: The SaaS provided by Microsoft includes SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, Lync Online & MS Office Professional Plus.
- Adobe: This leading desktop creativity tech giant offers the Creative Cloud and other creative software to be accessed online.
The Advantages of SaaS
Owing to SaaS taking up less time and money, the industry is expected to grow from €91 billion in 2020 to €191 billion in 2025 worldwide. This is also indicative of the growing gig economy consisting of more short-term contracts and employment as compared to something more permanent. In today’s world, one cannot launch a business without SaaS integration because it would mean missing out on its myriad advantages.
- SaaS is less time-consuming because all software-related processes take place in the cloud.
- SaaS is less expensive than downloaded software to maintain, develop and deploy.
- SaaS is more controllable by the developers because it’s hosted remotely from a central location.
- SaaS is easy to use, and also easy to learn how to use.
- SaaS is highly accessible with flexible payment plans.
SaaS with Custom Software Development
Custom Software Development
SaaS put together with custom software development can be incredibly beneficial for any company. There are a couple of SaaS providers in the market that provide customizable tech, and most of them are the more modern ones. The biggest advantage of being a Software-as-a-Service provider is that it is an explosively growing industry as mentioned before.
Adding the custom software development element to it would only elevate your pitch to business because it’s an extra service that most companies would like to avail.
Custom SaaS: Yay or Nay?
One would only want to avail the best for their business, which refers to a quality product that is also cost-effective. There is, however, a big difference between providing generic software as compared to custom software development. Not only does the range of services differ, sometimes even in quality, but customization has a lot of other advantages.
- Having customized SaaS provides you with uniqueness and a certain level of exclusivity.
- Customized SaaS brings loyalty between customers and providers.
- Customized SaaS can better help you meet the needs of customers.
- Customized SaaS may even be more cost-friendly for providers as compared to generic SaaS.
In today’s world, it is important to keep up with the changing times. If you don’t do it, someone else probably will – this is quite an elemental thing to keep in mind. Custom software development for web-based software is an imperative goal for any SaaS provider to at least be thinking about. The advantages it provides are great, both for the customer as well as for the provider themselves.